I made a Spooooky wreath!
This month has flown by. I’ve had some things happen in my personal life so there hasn’t been much time for crafting or sewing or blogging, but I managed to make my Halloween wreath and here’s how you can make your own.
1 wicker wreath $1 (Dollar Tree)
5 tulle spools $3.99/each (Hobby Lobby)
When I went they were having a special of 50% off! Score!
I used 3 spools of black, 1 spool of purple, and 1/2 spool of orange
2 spools black ribbon $1 (Dollar Tree)
1 “BOO” sign $1 (Target $1 bins)
- You can also find cool Halloween signs at Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby as well
1 spool of floral wire $1 (Dollar Tree)
Total price of wreath is ::drumroll:: $15!
I followed my friend Jill’s tutorial on her hilarious blog, Baby Rabies
This tutorial is super easy to follow and the gist of it is:
- Wrap the wreath in ribbon so the entire wreath is covered in black ribbon
- Cut tulle into strips- mine were about 8 inches long but the length will depend on how fluffy you want your wreath
- Tie strips onto wreath making sure the knot faces outward- I used three spools of black tulle, one spool of purple, and then 1/2 spool of orange.
- Attach sign using floral wire- you can attach anywhere you desire. It’s up to you!
- Fluff and trim to your liking!
There is little room to fail on this project which makes it one I LIKE. Even if your strips are uneven- like mine were- it still turns out okay!
Happy Hallowcrafting everybody!